Eighties top albums: Simple Minds – New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84)


tracklist:

Someone Somewhere In Summertime
Colours Fly And Catherine Wheel
Promised You A Miracle
Big Sleep
Somebody Up There Likes You
New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84)
Glittering Prize
Hunter And The Hunted
King Is White And In The Crowd

Music is emotion for me. It has to bring something into yourself. I became interested in Simple Mind when I, as a frantic listener, recorded their 1982 Paradiso concert from the Dutch radio show Rock Tempel. A year later I finally went for the ax with the registration of Pinkpop and Werchter and since then I have followed the band closely.

Their top album from the eighties is for me "New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84)". And to keep the atmosphere of those years I choose "Someone Somewhere In Summertime" and then explicitly for the version of Newcastle 1982, which can be found on the double DVD "Seen The Lights (a visual history)", which I once and only bought the Late Night In Concert registration, where this song is part of. For a long time this song, together with "Hunter And The Hunted", "The American", "Glittering Prize", and "New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84)", has been the goose bumps during the concerts I visited, with Bospop 2003 becoming one of the best concerts belonged.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction To Dutch New Wave Vol. 32

A Flock Of Seagulls