Eighties top albums: Fra Lippo Lippi - Songs

already more than six weeks on it's way, 2018 has brought me back to my musical roots: the eighties. I am a member of the Dutch Facebook Site "De Plantenkast 2.0"and since the start of this year each week I present a self chosen top album of the eighties. This site is in Dutch, but to bring in a regular base to this blog again, will offer the chosen album of the week to this blog as well. each entry is accompanied by a Youtube video of one of the songs from the album.

So this mean to bring you the first six entries in a rush. Some of the early entries contained text accompanied with a mood of the day, but with from the fourth entry I started to bring some background information. A last thing to mention is that these entries are offered to you in no particular order. It is just what brings me to an album during the week. Although I have to confess that a list created in 2012 is my guideline. So to start the first entry I bring you Fra Lippo Lippi with Songs.


tracklist:

Come Summer
Shouldn't Have To Be Like That
Even Tall Trees Bend
Just Like Me
Leaving
Regrets
Every Time I See You
Crash Of Light
The Distance Between Us
Coming Home

The 10th of January was a gray weather day in the whole of the Netherlands, with not a minute of sun in my region I was really ready for a warmer season. So a songs popped up and with that the Eighties top albums list was born on the "Platenkast 2.0" facebook site.

Everyone knows Fra Lippo Lippi from "Shouldn't Have To Be Like That", which unfortunately did not appear in the Top 2000 again last December. This song is also from the beautiful Songs from 1985 and was also a single in 1986. Songs is for me one of the top albums of the eighties. In the coming period I hope to come with more of that, in my opinion, pearls from the eighties.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Flock Of Seagulls