It's a piece of my life

My first contact with photography happened during my high school days. There was a photographic club which mainly worked with black and white films. They had their own darkroom in the cellar of the building near the big cellar room where we held our Friday tea club afternoons, with a lot of good music, and the class parties.

I joined the club with a friend and had fun for several years making and developing my own pictures. Sometimes we spent hours in the darkroom to create, for us, the perfect picture. When I left high school and continued intermediate technical school I changed from black and white to full colour photos, but mainly made them during trips or while being on holiday.

It wasn’t until halfway the nineties that I started to make pictures on a regular base again. During that period I wrote for a Progressive Rock magazine and visited a lot of concerts and did interviews with the artists. So it was easy to take a camera with me and make pictures during the gigs and after interviews. Photography did become a part of my daily life again.

Now in the digital age it’s even easier to make photographs. Every decent mobile contain a camera nowadays and with pages like Flickr.com for example, it has become very easy to publish your pictures.

So to combine two passions of mine, here you find the perfect soundtrack to photographs and pictures.



Photographs and Pictures 1

Berlin – Pictures Of You
Blanket Of Secrecy - Photograph
The Cure - Pictures Of You
Depeche Mode - Photographic
Fashion - You Only Left Your Picture
Fiat Lux - Photography
Peter Gabriel - This Is The Picture (excellent birds)
Japan - Gentlemen Take Polaroids
Hubert Kah - The Picture (renegade ripple mix)
The Lotus Eaters - The First Picture Of You
Luba - Everytime I See Your Picture
No-Man - Photograph In Black And White
The Playground Slap - Pictures Of Age
The Smith - Paint A Vulgar Picture
Talk Talk - Pictures Of Bernadette

Photographs and Pictures 2

The Boomtown Rats - Having My Picture Taken
Boytronic - Photographs
Camouflage -A Picture Of Life
Cee Farrow - Distant Picture
The Chameleons - Dali's Picture
The Comsat Angels - Pictures
Crown Of Thorns - Pictures
Depeche Mode - Photographic (some bizarre version)
De/Vision - Pictures Of THe Past
DEVO - The Big Picture
The Embarressment - Picture Women
Fashion - Something In Your Picture (full frame)
A Flock Of Seagulls - Wishing (if I had a photograph of you)
Midnight Oil - Pictures
November Group - Pictures Of The Homeland
Oingo Boingo - Pictures Of You
Rich Kids - Put You In The Picture
Screaming Trees - Pictures In My Mind
Wire Train - Picture In A Picture

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Flock Of Seagulls

An Introduction To Dutch New Wave Vol. 32