State Of Sound

The entries were close to zero in the past month. Too much work on my mind, and although I played enough music there was little time to write an entry. All time was fixed on work, and besides that on a huge article about New Wave music. It is scheduled for somewhere this month, when iO Pages will release their first special.

So it meant diving into the eighties, listen to a lot of familiar music and also buying some stuff again.
Unfortuantly Fonos no longer excists, so if you're interested in a band that was up till now still only available on vinyl it means you have to search for it and then digitize it. So with a bit of luck I discovered a compilation cd early July of the new wave band The Dutch. Soon I was able to collect all their vinyl and then I turned my focus on another early eighties new wave band Secret Sounds. Through Fonos I had bought their album Wasteland ages ago but when I scrolled their page on discogs.com I discovered that their singer/guitarist WilmerWolf was working on a digitized back catalogue through bandcamp. Already six albums were online with another three to be released in the near future. A lot of interested material, which is great to hear after so many years again.


So I have been listening a lot to their album Wasteland lately. If interested check out their bandcamp page at: Secret Sounds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction To Dutch New Wave Vol. 32

A Flock Of Seagulls