The Trilogy Show

Fischer-Z, live at the Mezz, Breda on 30 August 2010.



I was in the second class of the Senior General Secondary Education, when Fischer-Z scoored a minor hit with Marliese, not shortly after I saw a performance of John Watts during the No-Nukes festival on the Dutch TV. A broadcast that still brings back warm memories, cos it also introduced me to the music of The Stranglers, The Sound and Ideal. Since then I have been following John Watts, unfortuantly never been able to see him live. I bought his solo records, the album of The Cry and the later albums of Fischer-Z re-incarnation.

So I was kind of surprised learning that John Watts would play two concerts in the Netherlands, one as a support of Simple Minds. Since I've seen quite some concerts of the Simple Minds over the past few years, I decided to visit the Fischer-Z concert at the Mezz in Breda.



It turned out to be a good decision, since John Watts] and co did a great concert, with a great setlist of songs from the first three Fischer-Z albums. With Sam Walker, Matthew Gest and Matthew Waer John Watts got a great band, which are able to perform in a high standard. The performance of the tracks was outstanding, and the major part of the setlist are favourites of mine.

So I really enjoyed the concert and I am looking forward to new dates of this line-up of Fischer-Z, silently hoping John Watts will play a solo concert soon as well.



Setlist:

Remember Russia
Wax Dolls
The Worker
Lies
Pretty Paracetamol
Room Service
So Long
Crazy Girl
Crank
Berlin
In England
Battallions Of Strangers
Red Skies Over Paradise
Marliese

Pick Up / Slip Up
Limbo

Band:

John Watts - Vocals, guitar
Sam Walker - Drums, backing vocals
Matthew Gest - Keyboards, backing vocals
Matthew Waer - Bass, backing vocals

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Flock Of Seagulls