The Unknown Beauty Of The 80s

Back to 2005 when I created a compilation series of eighties tracks collected from various sources over the internet. The series ended after 60 volumes and a bonus volume.

Ten years after date I picked up the project by trying to find all featured tracks in a 320Kbps MP3 rip. It took me several months but in the end was able to get the job done.

The funny thing is that each time I was triggered to return to those 80s music styles after I decided to quit, or taking a break from, writing for the Dutch progressive rock magazine iO Pages. This summer the magazine celebrated their 150 issue. For me time to call it a day.

So as expected I turned back to the 80s favorite music styles like new wave, post punk, synthpop, gothic and more. Over the months I collected a lot of new unknown songs to me and created seven new volumes. Through this blog entry I temporarily offer you, just before Christmas, the volumes 62 to 68 as seperate downloads.



So what can you expect. A great bunch of, in total 138, New Wave -, Synthpop -, Post Punk -, Minimal Synth and Gothic - tracks. No tracklists this time, just plain downloads without sleeve info like the furst bunch of volumes. Enjoy and to everyone a very good Christmas and hopefully a great musical 2019.

Volume 62
Volume 63
Volume 64
Volume 65
volume 66
Volume 67
Volume 68

Comments

Cory said…
Thanks Rissan - really appreciate the amount of work that goes into these collections!!
Low said…
Early bird gets the worm, the early mouse gets the mousetrap...

Hate I missed out on this offer, but the late bird gets his due too. But I have got 25 new songs I didn't know existed on what I was able to find... Thanks

Popular posts from this blog

A Flock Of Seagulls