Top 15 of 2010

What a year 2010 turned out to be. Great concerts, great albums of new acts and old acts. New albums and great re-releases. It was an expensive year, but I enjoyed the music from the first to the last day. And I know we still have some days to go, but by now I can come up with a top 15 of albums of 2010.

Since the list of albums was so big and the re-releases were so much, I decided this year to come up with a list of new releases and a list of re-releases, because music is my passion, my first love, and I can not leave all those nice re-releases out of this years list.

So first the top 15 of new albums, produced and released over 2010.




01. Marina & The Diamond - The Family Jewels
02. Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - History Of Modern
03. Alphaville - Catching Rays On Giants
04. Mirrors - Broken By Silence
05. Hurts - Happiness
06. Customs - Enter The Character
07. Mylene Farmer - Blue...Noir
08. The Script - Science And Faith
09. Steve Hackett - Rails
10. Ultravox - Return To Eden
11. Brandon Flowers - Flamingo
12. Crowded House - Intriguer
13. Everything Everything - Man Alive
14. Run The Red Light - Run The Red Light
15. Lostboy! A.K.A. Jim Kerr - Lostboy!

Top 10 of re-releases

01. Reflex - Re=Fuse
02. Propaganda - A Secret Wish: Deluxe Edition
03. No-Man - Wild Opera
04. A-Ha - Hunting High And Low: Deluxe Edition
05. Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Welcome To The Pleasuredome: Deluxe Edition
06. IQ - The Wake: 25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition
07. Arcadia - So Red The Rose: Deluxe Edition
08. The Teardrops Explodes - Kilimanjara: Deluxe Edition
09. A-Ha - Scoundrel Days
10. Midge Ure - The Gift

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey, great blog! I've enjoyed perusing all the music, pics and articles here!

My reason for writing is to ask if you could re-up the "Exposure" album (various artists 1986). I've been looking for that for quite a while... I wrote some months ago and got no reply so I thought I'd put a comment on your newest post!

I know you must be busy... I appreciate your work here and I'd be very grateful to get the Exposure album! Thanks again!

1 Old Rocker
1980-F said…
Hey Rissan, really great blog! It seems we've got a lot in common (Synth Pop/New Wave meets Prog). I enjoy to see Ultravox right beside Rush. :-)

I mostly agree with your Top 15 of 2010, but probably I'd read it upside down with Lostboy! on Top.

Since we seem to have similar tastes, here's a suggestion for you. If you don't already know it (but if you do, why is it not in your Top 15 then?) check out

TESLA BOY - "Modern Thrills"

- best Synth Pop I've heard for a long time!

Cheers
1980-F

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction To Dutch New Wave Vol. 32

A Flock Of Seagulls