The Unknown Beauty Of The 80s Vol. 76

This Volume was not planned for quite awhile. I was in the assumption that the first new addition would be a new installed of An Introduction To Dutch New Wave. But, unfortunately, while creating a bootable USB stick of Windows 10 Build 1809, I choose the wrong medium and therefore destroyed and formatted my "unsorted music SSD" containing an amount of 450GB of music, photos and other files.

I tried several recovery programs resulting in the same outcome: I had lost the files. In the end I turned to a recovery firm, who offered to check my drive for free in five days. After that periods, possibly after shelving my drive and do nothing, they contacted me and told me they could give a good try after paying them nearly € 250. By that time, fortunately, I had found a backup of the drive dating to early September. I accepted the loss, and started to create the Spleen database again and supplement the Unknown Beauty database. Also it took me some time to create the other files.

But in the end, somehow you always discover, the musical trails leads you to new territories. The result a new Volume.

So the the new Introduction To Dutch New Wave is scheduled for April now ( with a huge vinyl buy at the end of March). For sure I can tell you by now that nearly every band on this Volume will be featured for the first time.

So enjoy this new installment of the Unknown Beauty Of The 80s, with New Wave, Synthpop, Gothic, Minimal Synth and NDW (Neue Deursche Welle) from the 80s.

the link

Comments

lo said…
Cool, two new volumes to hunt through (75 and 76) ... Thank you... have loved some of the rare finds in previous issues.

Thanks Lo

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction To Dutch New Wave Vol. 32

A Flock Of Seagulls