The Unknown Beauty Of The 80s sofar

It was 2002 and on the trip back from a well deserved and well spent holiday in Switzerland we drove back home on the German highways. The radio was on for the whole day and played the tracks from the German and US base radiostations.

Along came The Great Commandment of Camouflage which made quite an impression on me. Although my teenage years were in the 80s, the Dutch radio didn't bring that much new wave music which soon after the trip I would discover. I started searching for New Wave music, collection stuff from blogs and a few years later from the New Wave Outpost. And my musical buying changed a lot during that time.

In 2005, for fun, I created the first 60 Volumes and a Bonus Volume (the later 61) of what became to be known as The Unknown Beauty Of The 80s. In these days I travelled a lot by train from home to work and back, which gave me time to listen to my homemade cd's.

In 2015 I dug op the cd's and started the project all over again trying to find all of those songs on 320Kbps MP3 format. It took me nearly half a year, but in the  end I finished the project just before Christmas, and send all the Volumes to some friends and close music lovers.

I am aware to the fact that for others these series does not present their "unknown" beauty of the eigthies, simply because they were able to hear these tracks on the radio day by day. But I discovered people were interested in the volumes.

So by popular demand, and available through WeTransfer for a short time, I hereby offer you a change to get the early Volumes again.

Volume 1 to 20
Volume 11 to 20
Volume 21 to 30
Volume 31 to 40
Volume 41 to 50
Volume 51 to 60 + Bonus

Comments

Hate I missed this, but thanks for the ones I was able to procure (they had a lot of gems sprinkled in them I had never heard). Well worth the effort to sort through sifting the wheat from the chaff. If you ever decide to re-up them... please drop me a line at A N Y N A M E O R I G I N A L (at) YA HOO (dot) C OM (take out spaces for spam reasons)

Especially liked the songs you had by All Fall Down, Almost Alone, Blue Angel, Blue Peter, Boxbury Beat, Calender Crowd, Decadance, Distance Drums, Friends Again, Hambi and the Dance, Jessica Blue, Jimi Zhivago, Kirlian Camera, Lonely Boys, Luna Set, Michelle Vernon, New Scientists, Phil Jones, Private Blue, Soft Verdict, Symbols, The Valley Forge, The Window Speaks, Trisomie 21, and Vienna.

I believe those are some of the artist I found due your series. Thank you.
Kit said…
Please make these available again. Thanks!
emsud said…
Running through hard drive, i find vol 16 & 17...waoow ! I miss so much obscure tunes
Well, more than 1 year after the reboot ans as i'm stuck down at home.. I ask for a helping hand to make available all these jewels
TY from France

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction To Dutch New Wave Vol. 32

A Flock Of Seagulls